How Can I Save My Marriage A Six Step Approach
If you are wondering how can I save my marriage, you need to read every word in this article. You are probably confused and frustrated right now. You may instinctively lash out. But this would be the wrong thing to do. If you are wondering how can I save my marriage, you need to follow this six step approach.
Saving a marriage that seems to have failed takes courage, determination, perseverance and patience. It also takes a lot of love.
But, when problems have cropped up in the marriage, it may take more than just love to heal the rift. You should know that repairing the damage done in a relationship is easier said than done. But remember that being straightforward and honest go a long way in making the marriage work again.
So, to keep harmony in your marriage and avoid divorce, you need to do the following six things.
1. Try putting yourself in your spouse’s shoes when problems arise. Think about things from his or her perspective. If you are having yet another blow up about the dishes not being done after breakfast, think about how busy her schedule is in the morning. Or, if he doesn’t seem to be at home for dinner most of the time, take into consideration that he may be working extra hours at the office to get a pay raise to help support the family better.
2. How can I save my marriage? Stop the blame game. Marriage is a two way street and every situation has had a contribution from both partners. Before you blame your spouse, look at the things you may have contributed to the problem. When you stop blaming one another, you avoid planting the seeds in an already hurt relationship.
3. Deal with your own issues. Too many times, a spouse will project their own problems onto their husband or wife. If you have issues of your own, get counseling and work through them. Don’t take them out on the one you love.
4. Say “thank you” more. Focus on all of the things your partner does right rather than what he or she does wrong. Any time you find yourself criticizing, come up with two reasons to thank them within one hour. When you are in the wrong, be big enough to say you’re sorry.
5. How can I save my marriage? Make your spouse’s life easier in any way you can. There are too many demands on people’s times these days. Take some time to help your partner to relax by doing small things that let him or her know they are being cared for.
6. Build bonds whenever you can. Look for activities, interests, and hobbies that you can enjoy doing together. When you can build bonds through activities, it can help get you through a rocky stage of the relationship. You can also build bonds by taking a couples only vacation. Whether this is a two week trip to Europe or a night at a local campground, the experience of getting away alone can also strengthen the bonds of your relationship.
If you are wondering how can I save my marriage, follow this six step plan.
I love cooking and blogging.Using a fork,break salmon.Halve reserved potatoes and eggs crosswise.