art director and designer. Jon is a songwriter and works at Ecclesia Hollywood. They both live in a beautiful mid-century modern loft in Los Angeles. Continue reading for more! Thanks Jon and Nina for being a part of My Better Half!
1. Paints her nails every two days. (That's 182 times a year!)
2. Grew up with a 15 foot waterfall in her backyard.
3. Got ran over by a golf cart.
1. Was once rescued up by a black hawk helicopter.
2. Once attempted to fill the bathroom up with water when his mom wouldn't take him to the pool.
3. Grew up in Sentani, West Papua, Indonesia.
THEIR STORY (as told by Nina)
We met over 10 years ago in a coffee shop in Hawaii. Fast track five years, I ran into him when I first moved to Los Angeles and we became besties. For years we were just friends until one morning he took me surfing in Malibu and then to my favorite city for dinner, San Francisco! We held hands and fireworks happened. We dated for a couple years, and then broke up like all good couple do before they get married. He was making a record in Nashville when he realized he was in love with me. He had never been in love before, but knew it was a big deal, so big that you can't tell someone that over a text message or even on facetime. You have to say that in person. So he flew to LA that night, showed up on my porch, and confessed his love to me. We married (at sunrise!) in April of last year and are living happily every after.
Thank you Jon and Nina for being a part of My Better Half!
Photographs by Nina and Jon Hans