Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Erin Jane and Conor are new parents! You can learn more about their new addition and their life (and work!) in Hawaii on their blog Jane Reaction. Thank you Erin Jane and Conor for being a part of My Better Half!
1. Is a crazy good long board surfer. Been doing it his whole life.
2. Cannot get lost. It's like he has google maps memorized.
3. Thunder and lightning make Conor dance and sing.
1. Is terrified of sharks, even in swimming pools (yet still manages to surf with Conor almost daily)
2. Has a chocolate oreo milkshake every night before she goes to bed.
3. Has a degree in ceramics.
THEIR STORY (as told by Erin Jane)
I actually fell in love with Conor before I ever really met him in person. A good friend of mine gave me his number because she thought we would get along well. He was living in San Diego at the time and I was in Portland. On a whim I sent him a text. My friend was right. He quickly (and wittily) replied and we started a 2 month long text only relationship. We never spoke on the phone or met in person. It was really exciting to have a secret love interest and always receive these quirky little messages from a stranger. I told my family I was going to marry this guy I was texting. They thought I was nuts. I decided I should probably call him. The conversation was seriously awkward because we were both really nervous. We decided to meet. He flew up one day out of the blue about a week later and presented himself to me on my doorstep. I acted like a complete fool, jumping up and down and shaking my hands like a crazy person. I kissed him and we instantly became friends. We got married in 2010 and moved to Hawaii the next day. We just had our first baby a few months ago—a boy named Henry. He is beautiful!
Thanks Erin Jane and Conor for being a part of My Better Half!