Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Adam Patrick Jones is a freelance video editor/photographer living in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. Rachel Brown lives in Bushwick and works in Advertising. She is the Pete Campbell of the digital realm minus the receding hairline and shameless ambition. Together they share the B38 and a lifestyle blog that documents what people wear Monday through Friday.
Aren't they as cute as can be?! Thank you Adam and Rachel for being a part of My Better Half!
1. Has a true love affair with chocolate croissants. I've never met a man who relishes a croissant with such gusto, no matter the time of day.
2. Is bound to be layered up. I have found him to wear up to 5 layers (from undershirt to overcoat) at one time. And yet, the man doesn't shed a drop of sweat!
3. Once grew a beard that was the envy of all male-dom.
1. Has a sweet tooth like no other (Chocolate, Diet Coke, and Chai Lattes included).
2. Is a speed-reader.
3. Has an undying affinity for tall shoes and pop music (i.e. Beyonce).
Adam Patrick Jones, man of few words and a strong penchant for used smelly books met Rachel, never one to shy away from conversation, Brown at church in the Upper East Side. It was a rainy day and Rachel shuffled down the aisle loaded with bags (a soon to be recurring sight, her nickname remains Bag Lady Brown) and when faced with choosing one of many open seats (both were early, a rare feat) she chose to sit next to Adam. They smiled at each other that evening and went on their first date two months later. The relationship officially became solidified the day Rachel, impulsive and trusting, put a pair of scissors in Adam's good hand and a glass of red wine in the other and told him to cut her hair. Compliments from strangers and friends later adorned his ego and the event has become a monthly happening; complete with a soundtrack that often includes Simon & Garfunkel, Fats Waller and Beyonce (when Adam is feeling generous). Adam and Rachel remain smiling, well-groomed and positively in love.
Thank you Adam and Rachel for being a part of My Better Half!
Credits and fun photo extras after the jump!
Photos by Josh Hawkins