Friday, April 20, 2012
Alice Gao is a marvelous photographer and blogger who I had the lovely opportunity to meet this past winter at the Brooklyn Kinfolk dinner. She and her better half Jimmy live in New York City. She also wanted me to clarify that they are not married. Apparently I'm not the first to make the assumption. Ooops! Thanks Alice + Jimmy for being a part of My Better Half!
1) Obsessed with looking at architectural floor plans.
2) Dreams desperately of seeing the aurora borealis in person.
3) Remembers dreams in vivid detail every night, without fail.
1) Competed in ballroom dance tournaments in college.
2) Incapable of burping - critically weak to carbonated beverages.
3) Occasional calligraphist.
OUR STORY ( as told by Alice)
We met at a fantastic wine bar in Tribeca. We would have never met were it not for this bar's lamb sausage (one of Jimmy's all-time favorite bar snacks) and a long-time girl friend (hi, Mandy!) of mine who dragged me out that night. She got there first. He tried to talk her up/pick her up. I eventually arrived, remember whispering to her, "Is this guy bothering you? Do I need to take care of him?". We tried to carry on ourselves, but this guy kept butting into our conversation. It's kind of a long story from here, but I'd say we turned out just fine after all, as incredible opposites that we are. Although I do wish everyone would stop mistaking us for married....
(sorry again Alice!!!) And thanks for being a part of My Better Half!