I've known Drew and Elise since my days in school. Drew and I worked together in the design department of the university library where he introduced me to the Fleet Foxes...for which I am forever grateful! Elise and Drew are a pretty dynamic duo. Drew is the voice behind the band Parlor Hawk, a web developer/graphic designer, and the genius behind this newly released limited edition version of typography scrabble. Elise is a beautiful photographer, a blogger, and a monkey whisperer (one of my favorite of her posts, ha!). Thank you Drew and Elise for being a part of My Better Half!
1) Often speaks in a stream of consciousness—but only in an accent.
2) Collects vintage anything and shoes. The man probably has more shoes than you.
3) Drew is a dreamer.
1) Prefers big forks & little spoons. I did not even know you could have a preference.
2) Enjoys long conversations with self while sleeping.
3) Documentaries make Elise want to "Save The Dolphins."
The first time Elise and I saw each other, she was working at a cafe. I came in with a crowd of people after John Vanderslice insisted that we all meet him for gelato after one of his shows. When I walked in through the door of the cafe, all I could see was Elise, across the room, standing on a chair. Whatever happened beyond that night, to me now is a blur. She's all I can remember.
We later met each other, and coincidentally kept meeting. Soon enough, we were never not meeting each other. After so many times, we quickly became best friends and couldn't stand being without one another. Those that say true love isn't real—they are wrong.
Thank you Drew and Elise for being a part of My Better Half!
Photos taken by Elise Capener.